CINCH First 2 Finish Trail Duel
How to Enter: Select class 429 - First 2 Finish Trail Duel on the Online Entry or your mail in Entry Form!
Trail Patterns will be released shortly, please check back often!
$15,000 CINCH First 2 Finish Trail Duel at the 2020 NSBA World Championship Show
First 2 Finish Trail Duel is a timed trail class where horses compete in a head-to-head competition over trail obstacles, and the winners are based on the combination of time and penalties. Open and Non Pro exhibitors compete against one another for a $15,000 purse, with a $1,000 bonus being paid to the highest placing Non Pro exhibitor. The class will include a Preliminary round, held on Tuesday August 11 in the Pavilion, and the Finals, held Wednesday, August 12, at approximately 6:30 pm, in the Ford Truck Arena. A pre-event party sponsored by CINCH will be held before the class both days!
RULES FOR COMPETITION
The class is open to any Youth, Non Pro, or Open exhibitor, on any age horse. Contestants can show multiple horses in the Preliminaries. However, in the event that an exhibitor qualifies multiple horses for the Finals, an alternate rider must be designated for the Finals.
Horses will compete on identical courses in a head-to-head format. The top eight times from the Preliminaries will advance to the Finals. In the Finals, the top two runs will advance to a ride-off for first and second place.
CINCH First 2 Finish Trail Duel is a timed event, and all penalties occurring on course will be converted into time penalties. Gait preference while on course is the choice of the exhibitor, unless specifically noted on the pattern. All penalties occurring on course are converted into time penalties, as indicated below. Ticks, hits and stride rules are not considered.
$15,000 Guaranteed Purse Payout
- First - $3,500
- Second - $2,500
- Third - $1,500
- Fourth - $1,200
- Fifth - $1,000
- Sixth - $750
- Seventh - $600
- Eight - $500
- 9 to 15 - $250
- $1,000 to highest placing Non Pro
Use of one or two hands is permissible with any NSBA approved equipment.
CINCH First 2 Finish Trail Duel is scored on a mathematical basis, and all penalties shall be converted into time penalties as follows:
- 5 SECOND PENALTY (3 POINT PENALTIES)
- Incorrect or break of gait where specified.
- Knocking down an elevated pole, cone, barrel, plant obstacle, or severely disturbing an obstacle.
- Stepping outside the confines of, falling or jumping off, or out of an obstacle with one foot, once the foot has entered obstacle; including missing one element of an obstacle on a line of travel with one foot.
- Dropping slicker or object required to be carried on course.
- Letting go of gate or dropping rope gate.
- Stepping outside the confines of, falling or jumping off, or out of an obstacle with more than one foot once the foot has entered obstacle; including missing one element of an obstacle on a line of travel, with more than one foot.
- Blatant disobedience (including kicking out, bucking, rearing, striking).
- Failure to work an obstacle in any manner other than how it's described by the course.
- No attempt to perform an obstacle.
- Excessive schooling, pulling, turning or backing anywhere on course.
- Failure to open and shut gate or failure to complete gate.
- Equipment failure that delays completion of pattern.
- Failure to follow the correct line of travel between obstacles.