Riders in PATH Int. Equine Services programs are invited to participate in the NSBA World Championship Show Very Special Event "Heores on Horses" competition.
- Riders must be disabled veterans or active duty "wounded warriors" who participating in PATH Intl. Equine Services for Heroes programs or who have a Department of Veteran Affairs disability rating.
- The PATH facility will be responsible for verifying the eligibility of riders participating in Equine Services for Heroes programs.
- For Disabled Veterans who do not participate in a therapeutic riding program, please attach the Department of Veteran Affairs letter recording the dates of service , the Service-connected Disability Rating, and the date it was awarded. Please black out all other personal information included in the letter such as social security number and monthly award.
- Horses need not be registered or owner by the rider or facility. If the veteran is unable to have a horse transported to Tulsa for the Heroes on Horses competition, server Therapeutic Riding Centers have offered to provide horses for those who need them.
The following class will be offered at the NSBA World Championship Show for Heroes on Horses:
- Heroes on Horses - Walk-Trot-Independent Rider
- Heroes on Horses - Supported
* There will be no fee for participation in these classes.
A rider may not show in any youth, amateur or open categories while showing in the Rider With Disabilities classes. A Rider may show in only one of the Rider With Disabilities/Heroes On Horses categories, Independent or Supported. If a rider's condition deteriorates so that the rider can no longer ride as an independent rider, but now needs support, this must be documented by the physician and, if participating in a therapeutic riding program, the certified PATH instructor.