Tomorrow’s Horseman will strengthen the future of the equine industry by working directly with individual emerging trainers, developing the skills they need to provide for their futures. Working with a series of professionals, experts, and specialists, participants will develop their knowledge in the fields of business, leadership, and communication.
Program Goal: To protect the future of the equine industry by teaching practical business applications that will result in long-term financial stability for equine professionals, their families, and their businesses.
- Participants attend 2 day 2 night workshops during the two-year course
- Expenses covered by NSBA Foundation include travel, lodging, meals and course study material
- Lecture and interactive discussion format
- Interaction with business and industry experts
- Two year course will combine in person meetings as well as web based sessions
Who Can Apply
- Professional Horsemen in business as sole proprietors
- Must be at least 19 years of age
- NSBA member in good standing
- Open rider / industry professionals
- Proven methods to improve communication, customer service and customer retention
- Visioning - develop business plan that aligns with Small Business Association standards
- Develop direction for future growth, marketing plans and diversification of services
- Best practices from program mentors for business planning, strategic development and positive managerial practices
- Networking - develop business alliance to overcome common industry challenges
- Insurance, contracts and employer responsibilities
- NSBA realizes your time is of great value. Workshops will be scheduled around horse shows. Participants will fly in on Monday and return home Wednesday for all scheduled workshops.
- The NSBA Foundation will provide travel, lodging, meals while in attendance, educational material and support.
- Participants must have access to a portable laptop to bring to conference and access to the internet for web based sessions.
- Applicants must fill out application in its entirety and include three letters of reference.
Tentative Dates & Locations for 2020 Workshops
- February 10 - 12, 2020 - DFW Area
- April 27 - 29, 2020 - Gurnee, Illinois
- December 7 - 9, 2020 - Gurnee, Illinois
- 2021 dates and locations to be determined
- Download application specifics here.
Instructions for Application
Application must be filled out in its entirety. In addition to the below application, applicants must submit three (3) letters of reference by December 1, 2019. Letters should be sent to the NSBA office directly from the following:
- NSBA Member
- NSBA Professional
- Character Reference
Additional questions and all reference materials should be directed to the NSBA office: NSBA 1391 St Paul Ave Gurnee, IL 60031 847-623-6722